I have so much to tell, so much to say, so much to do, so much to realize and I'm still doing things the same way. Is it a good thing or a bad thing? Just hope to record the things I still enjoy most and while I can. One day I will lift my head high and say I'm not the one before =) P/S: I learn something in french class...c'est la vie!
Click the links in Twitter on the right side of my blog for latest promotions!!!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Meaning of camwhore

"Camwhore" this word came to my attention when I noticed that many people (girls specifically) nowadays like to use this word. The first thing that came to my mind is the act of taking self-picture. Those people who can spend the whole day holding a camera taking his/her own picture. I bet most of you will have the same idea as mine but frankly speaking when I do some research on the word. The meaning defer very much from what I think it is.

cam = camera
whore = sluts (prostitute)

In general the word "camwhore" refers to individuals who perform sexually seductive actions(strip tease) or pose sexually seductive(naked or topless) in front of the webcam in order to obtain money, attention, or goods. The morale is that before you use a word please check its original meaning of the word. I do understand most of the time people doesn't mean it. Better stop using the word "camwhore" unless you really mean to have its meaning >.<

Source: Wikipedia, Urban Dictionary, Facebook

12 comments:

Vir Anthony Suazo Talaugon said...

whhatt!! hahaha.. I know that whore really isn't a good word but, camwhore for me is just like an expression, taking a lot of pictures by yourself. now I know! thank you! I wouldn't use that word again!

Unknown said...

hahaha... good one!

Big Grey Wolf said...

@anthony: same here, i get a shock too when i realize its meaning.

@annie: haha.share some simple info =)

Ken Wooi said...

perhaps the meaning has revolutionized? :)

hueminlicious said...

Finally got people understand "camwhore" meaning.I wonder why girls always using this word..are they really understand what is camwhore..now I see many people don't get it haha

Cynthia Ng said...

yes exactly, camwhore is just sounds like a bitch. those insulting words are really sensitive and better don't simply use it. I know they don't really mean it and camwhore may have few different meanings but this word just sounds not so nice to me.

Nikita Kimistri said...

hi there. yup, i noticed that the word has become really 'famous' nowadays. hmm i'd agree with ken saying that most probably the meaning has revolutionized.. hehehe :)

Unknown said...

ahahaha!!
i laugh hard at this one because i often see girls post their picture and with a camwhore as a caption,it's really funny..hahaha!

connie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
connie said...

Ah yOhhhhh!!! I am seeing so many using the word Camwhoring with great delight as though it is something to be so proud of.....and it often sends a chill down my spine!!! WHY would anybody.....Cam---WHORE themselves. It sounds so low class....no taste!!!! Thumbs DOWN!!!!

Unknown said...

man you are a genius. haha. now it gives me the clear picture

harish sharma said...

appcake

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com